Professional Development Days in collaboration with NCSS
Four Days for VON staff to collaborate with peers and students, and earn points towards practice premiums. These days will allow for professional development, clinical leadership, preceptor development, and inter-professional collaboration and practice.
The initiative is a partnership between VON and the Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC). VON invites all VON nurses along with NSCC practical nursing students to participate so they can learn with, and from, and about each other. Nursing students will participate alongside VON nurses and practice skills together, with the nurses demonstrating and modeling critical thinking skills in real time.
A skills carousel, showcasing several nursing skills and simulation models will run all day, refreshments will be provided and there will be two concurrent breakout seminars on the following topics:
• Current Approaches to Diabetes Management
• Palliative Care: Symptom Management
• Mental Health: Staying Positive While Performing Difficult Client Service Work
• New Developments in Wound Care
Drop-in to this free event any time between 11am-5pm, even for an hour. (Registration opens at 10:30am)
Some dates still TBD - This page will be updated once dates are final.
- Akerly Campus Event Info
- Annapolis Valley Campus Event Info (Feb 22)
- Marconi Campus Event Info (Mar 6)
- Pictou Campus Event Info (Mar 20)
VON is grateful for the generous support of Nova Scotia Health in making this event possible.