Healthy Communities… Made Possible by You!
Every day, volunteers from all walks of life work with VON staff to help make Canadian communities healthier. If you want to give back to your community by sharing your time and caring for others, we have a role for you!
Here are a few examples of how you can make a difference as a VON volunteer:
- Meals on Wheels – Deliver hot or frozen meals to elderly or disabled clients.
- Transportation – Drive clients to medical appointments, the grocery store, or social activities and programs.
- Home Maintenance – Help clients with minor home repairs to keep their homes safe.
- Volunteer Visiting – Brighten the day of an isolated senior, physically disabled adult, or person with Alzheimers or dementia.
- Security Checks/Reassurance – Provide a daily phone call to make sure our clients are safe and healthy.
- Parent/Infant Visits – Help a family that lacks support from family and friends adjust to caring for a new baby.
- Adult Day/Alzheimer Day Program – Assist VON staff in organizing and delivering fun and engaging activities.
- Public Relations and Fundraising – Contribute to promotional and fundraising events.
- Board of Directors/Advisory Boards – Provide leadership at the site and national level of VON.
How to Become a Volunteer with VON
- Contact the Manager or Coordinator of Volunteer Services at the VON site of your choice.
- Complete a confidential application form.
- Attend an interview with the Manager or Coordinator of Volunteer Services and successfully complete our screening process.
- Participate in training and orientation appropriate to your Volunteer position.
When you become a VON Volunteer, we will:
- Match your strengths, interests and available time to a volunteer role that’s right for you.
- Give you a clear picture of the position requirements and the training to do it well.
- Support you in your volunteer role through regular contact.
- Provide ongoing educational opportunities to assist you in your role and to introduce you to new opportunities and friends.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of dedicated VON volunteers. To become a VON volunteer, fill out the form below and click ‘Submit ‘. A VON representative will contact you.