SMILE Program Information
Home is where seniors want to live and with the help of family and friends, most seniors are able to stay at home.
But without the proper supports in place, increasing frailty can make even day-to-day activities like cleaning and
shopping for groceries difficult.
With the right supports in place, maintaining independence is possible and staying at home is made easy.
Now, that is something to SMILE about.
The SMILE program is intended to support those frail seniors with multiple unmet needs who will end up in crisis if they can’t access additional service. The program serves only those seniors who, due to increasing frailty, are at risk of losing their independence and who require significant support with functional activities of daily living.
Because dignity is a matter of choice, the SMILE program offers seniors options in managing their own care. Seniors can choose what services they
need, when they need them and who will provide those services.
If needed, the SMILE program can also provide help with planning and managing care.
What will the SMILE program offer the frail elderly and their caregivers?
- Support with everyday activities of daily living to support their continued well-being
- Personalized care plans with annual budgets matched to individual need
- Access to a core basket of services no matter where they live in the region
- The option to have the help of a care coordinator
- A choice in who comes to their home to provide services
- Flexibility as to when services will be provided and how
For more information on the SMILE Program please call the Regional Management Centre at 1-888-866-6647.