SMART Program (Seniors Maintaining Active Roles Together)
In-Home/Group Exercise Program
The VON Oxford SMART Program promotes greater well-being among adults 55+ in Oxford County. Classes are offered in Woodstock, Ingersoll, Tillsonburg and rural locations throughout the county. This fun and gentle exercise program, provided through group classes or one-on-one in your home:
• will improve your ability to participate in activities of daily living.
• may prevent health complications associated with aging.
• can help you maintain your independence.
• aids in prevention of falls by improving your confidence and abilities in the
specific areas of balance, coordination, flexibility, strength and endurance.
• can help you make new friends.
• classes adapted for any seniors who would like to improve their health and well-being.
Exercises will strengthen heart muscle, increase lung efficiency, slow the rate of bone loss, maintain elasticity of major blood vessels, and help with weight management and fall prevention.
To learn more or sign up for a class contact VON Oxford...
Phone: 539-1231 or toll free 1-888-641-5197
Last Updated: Jul 04, 2011
If you know of any Senior who is unable to attend the group classes due to transportation or health concerns please call 519-539-1231 or 1-888-641-5197 and ask for the SMART In-Home Program. This program consists of 10 simple yet progressive exercises performed daily within your own home with a trained HSEP volunteer visiting once a week.
Our charitable programs are gratefully supported by donations from the public